Thursday, October 29, 2009

Not enough hours in the day.

Really busy lately, which is fine. I guess it comes with the territory, deadlines and juggling experimental work and documentation, real life and work commitments. Expectations are high, and rightly so.

Just finished editing a review paper that I'm planning to publish. Essentially its a topical review on implantable micro generators. Useful for my thesis, so its time well spent. The only problem is that the paper itself is 30 pages long. To give a better idea, as a paperback novel, my paper would be roughly 50 pages long... lol.. a non-trivial length. Problem is, editing it takes a lot of work, time, and patience.

Of course, life being what it is, wouldn't hesitate to throw a couple curveballs into the mix, just to make things interesting. Some major, some not so major, essentially just enough to occupy a little extra of my time. Essentially it ends up being an exercise in "bending but not breaking".

I stumbled upon a little tidbit of wisdom over the last week that has helped me cope a bit:

"God, give me the grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, courage to change things which should be changed and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other."

Albeit this is the prayer given to new members of Alcoholic's Anonymous... lol. there is a fair bit of wisdom in that statement.

Anywho, back to the grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment