Sunday, August 22, 2010

Snappy Title Goes Here.

Yeah. I couldn't think of a snappy title today. Oh well.

The running is going fairly well, although its kind of ironic how many things are getting in the way. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it and I want to continue doing it, but it seems like unavoidable things keep popping up. For example, I ended up straining my knee a bit. Nothing serious, no massive damage, just a bit of soreness. So, I downgraded to the stationary bike, at least to keep moving and work on the cardio. I'm thankful I bought  one of those "magnetic resistance" bikes, since its absolutely whisper quiet, and you can easily hear the TV or whatever over the bike. However, at the proper height, the seat, for some reason, slants backwards slightly, and thus the support that should be supporting your tailbone is uncomfortably getting "in the way". Yeah, you know what I mean.. lol. I'm going to have to shim the seat somehow to rotate it forward slightly. So, I stick to the bike for a while, and my knee improves. Then the smoke rolls in. Awesome. Thanks Poz for lighting your province on fire. :D But seriously, the air quality has been the worse that I've ever seen or heard of here due to the smoke from forest fires wafting in from a province over. I managed to find some NASA pictures of the smoke plume, and its kind of amazing. I'm just waiting for Greenpeace to blame the tarsands for that one. I mean, they blame everything else on the tarsands, why not forest fires? So yeah, no running, annoying. Grr.

Progress has been made with work, but, as usual, random annoying things keep popping up. Making some experimental progress, although, as per usual, bureaucratic issues keep popping up. I am not a fan of the bureaucracy involved in the University research community. I've always thought of it as a necessary evil, something you dealt with as it came up. Another bureucratic panic has ensued due to a lack of foresight (partly mine, partly others). I'm currently done the paperwork on my end, and again, I find myself in a "HURRY UP AND WAIT" situation. Luckily, I've had random computer help @ the parents place to keep me relatively distracted while I check my email every 20 minutes waiting for a reply that probably won't happen until the usual 2:30am Monday email. That's fine. I'm enjoying hanging out at my parents place.

Unfortunately, I'm starting to get a bit of cabin fever in terms of my gaming. Its part getting bored with what I have and part not having anyone to play the really interesting games with. Its the usual summer issues with everyone having too much to do, all at the same time. I'm enjoying a renaissance of sorts with my 360. I spent the money to get a VGA connection for it, so I could hook it up to my newer wide screen PC monitor that does 1080 HD. Best 50 bucks spent ever. I've been replaying all those games that I eventually got tired of playing on a non HD screen, with text too small to read, and images too fuzzy to figure out what was going on. Its been great, but now I've played/finished everything that is really worthwhile playing. Been looking at Starcraft 2, but yeah, can't really afford to pick that up right now with the move in sight.

Oh yes, the move. That's coming up shortly. Much excitement. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment