Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Apparently I'm the 1%...

I'm going to come across a bit elitist with this statement, but whatever, its my opinion. Hooray free speech!
I look at the "Occupy Edmonton" protest as a farce, and nothing more than a hipster "jumping off" protest for other causes. I see the VALIDITY in the idea, as it applies to the States. The sociopolitical/economic system is fundamentally different. I fail to see the direct correlation here in Canada. I'm not saying that there is no income disparity. I'm saying that the situation is not nearly as dire. I do not see people getting screwed out of homes by large corporations. I do not see massive unemployment. Everything's not all roses, however, the situation is 100% different. I don't absolve "the corporate boogeymen" (ooooooooooooh *ghost noises*) of profit chasing at the expense of their customers.

I think that the following (at least the majority of it) rings pretty true, although it does sound a bit embellished to fit the counterpoint to all this "We're the victim"/entitlement crap going around:



Being a Graduate Student that has had to sacrifice and make hard decisions about money, I have learned that leveraging the money you have properly can be more powerful than having a bunch of money - this allowed me to purchase a house at 23 while being a grad student.
Apparently that makes me part of the "problem" rather than a responsible taxpaying citizen.
*sigh*
How long until I can just ignore these idiot hipster retards and make several large evil corporations richer by playing their MMORPG?!?!? (Yay SWTOR!)

No comments:

Post a Comment