Saturday, November 28, 2009

One down, one to go/Grey Cup.

So, I came out of my yearly advisory meeting fairly unscathed. There was some very valuable feedback about the scope of my project, that I needed a specific "end" point. That's really reasonable, since you could essentially keep going with my project indefinitely. My supervisor attempted to throw some pretty serious technical questions my way to scare me. Its kind of funny, because this goes back to some of the issues I had hinted to previously, in terms of the communication breakdowns that constantly happen between us. Its sad but true. If he'd listen to the actual words coming out of my mouth, rather than assuming that i've done nothing and that I'm lying through my teeth.. but I digress...


HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH RIDERS!

Yeah... LOL

I just finished watching the Grey Cup (Canada's Superbowl Equivalent). Fairly one sided game until the 4th quarter, where the team that was losing (Allouettes) overcame a THREE SCORE deficit to win with a no-time-on-the-clock field goal.

The team that was winning for 59 minutes of the game was the Saskachewan Roughriders. The Riders have probably the most devoted core of fans in the league, if not the continent. They follow their team around, they're always loud and raucous. Essentially, any team would want fans like that, since they can essentially take away home field advantage for opposing teams. We have a 70,000 seat stadium in which our local team plays. The only complete sellout of the season is when Sask came to town. Our local crowd ranges between 30-40k, it was almost even between Eskies fans and Riders fans. The unfortunate part is that they take it --TOO-- far. If they win, and you're an Eskies fan wearing anything with the Eskies logo, you'll hear about it. They'll get in your face, yell, scream, and let you know how much "they" kicked your ass. They'll start fights, badger people, throw things at you, you name it. Their behaviour borders on soccer-hooliganary. As a season ticket holder, I've seen it all. Sask's fans are by far the worst.

Also, the hype for the Cup game was how much the crowd will affect the game. "The Thirteenth Player" type talk. Although the Cup game was not in Sask, they had the majority of the fans, and yeah, they were loud. They managed to build a three score lead in the first 3 quarters. The Als started to come back, and closed to two points, and got into field goal range with no time on the clock.

Now. Make the field goal, and the Als win, shank it, and Sask holds on. Crowd's going nuts, Sask bench is celebrating before the kick, since its a long one 46-47 yards. They line up, snap the ball, and the Als miss.

Then the flags fly. Not one, but ALL of them. Why? Too many Riders on the field.

.. ha.. .. HA.... BWWWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHH!

So, 10 yard penalty, and another try. Now its a 36 yard FG. They make it.

Sask loses.

Huh.. That Thirteeth Player really screwed up.

Sweeet sweet IRONY. I'm going to enjoy it

No comments:

Post a Comment